Join Our Team
Any educational program is only as good as those who provide it, so we strive to attract, develop, and reward the most effective, committed change-makers who deeply believe that the early literacy problem is solvable.
Title: Program Intern
Dates: June 1st through August 20th
Number of Hours: M-F | 15 to 20 hours per week | 100% remote
Reports to: Program Manager
Hidden one, don't delete
Under the supervision of a Program Coordinator, each intern will support and supervise online CRB classes on Monday/Wednesday and Tuesday/Thursday:
- Supervise sessions with Program Coordinator.
- Provide tech support for Program Coordinator, Youth Mentors, and Buddies.
- Track attendance of Youth Mentors and Buddies.
- Build Strong Relationships with Youth Mentors: facilitate training and discussions for Youth Mentors before and after each session.
- Support Program Coordinator in running training sessions.
- Communicate with Youth Mentors–send reminders, answer questions about scheduling and other issues, contact absences, etc.
- Support Youth Mentors in their reading sessions as needed.
- Identify additional literacy-based resources and tools for Youth Mentors (books, games, etc.).
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Support Program Coordinators in collecting data.
- Data entry as needed.
- Ensure all Buddy and Youth Mentor data and permission forms are entered into systems.
Submit resume, cover letter and 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org